This is an illustrated step by step guide to creating and setting up a webmail account for 1and1.com with Outlook
Step by step instructions on how to set up an e-mail account for 1and1.com using Outlook.
The prerequisite is that a domain and an e-mail account for 1and1.com has been set up before. For a newly set up account, you should first make sure that the account has already been activated by logging in directly to the e-mail account and sending a test e-mail.
- Step 1 – The settings:
In Outlook, open the account settings in the Tools menu.
- Step 2 – Set up the webmail incoming server:
Click New to set up the new webmail account (incoming mail server).
- Step 3 – Activate the incoming mail server: Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP must be activated as the e-mail service and then click Next.
- Step 4 – Set up e-mail manually:
The test e-mail generated during an automatic setup of Outlook is not accepted by the 1and1 server, so activate Server settings or configure additional server types manually. Then click Next.
- Step 5 – Set up Internet E-mail:
Activate Internet e-mail and click Next.
- Step 6 – Internet Email Settings:
The Internet email settings are to be entered as follows:
Your name – name to be displayed to the mail recipient as the sender.
E-mail address – mail address of the 1and1 e-mail account.
Account type – SMTP server of the different providersSet POP3[/url]
Incoming mail server – pop.1and1.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP) – smtp.1and1.com
Username – full mail address of the 1and1 email account.
Password – password of the 1und1 e-mail account.
Click on More settings to configure the encrypted connection
- Step 7 – General settings:
Under General you can change the name to be displayed under the account settings, Outlook automatically carried forward the address of the 1and1 account here.
- Step 8 – Settings for the outgoing mail server:
For the 1and1 mail account, the entries the outgoing mail server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as for incoming mail server must be activated under Outgoing mail server.
- Step 9 – Settings under Connections:
Under Connection the setting for connection to the Internet automatically adopted by the program is displayed.
- Step 10 – Settings under Advanced:
The following settings are to be made under Advanced:
- For the incoming mail server (POP3) the port number 995.
- Server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) is to be activated.
- TLS is to be selected as the encrypted connection type.
- For the outgoing mail server (SMTP) the port number 587.
The activation of Leave a copy of all messages on the server is only necessary if the mails received at 1und1.de are to be retrieved from another computer, or if the inbox folder at 1und1.de is to serve as an “e-mail archive” accessible via any Internet access.
After pressing OK, you return to Add new e-mail account (step 6). Click Next to apply the changes.
- Step 11 – Account settings:
The webmail account for 1und1.com is now ready and is displayed in the account settings of the program. There, to check and, if necessary, correct the settings, the account can be highlighted with the mouse and the settings can be called up via “Change”.