JOB DESCRIPTION FOR PROFESSOR'S JOB:
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER: 2020
We are looking for a well organised, resourceful Professor to join our excellent faculty.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS: The professor's functions include, but are not limited to, teaching a requisite number of classes, assisting with the development of course material, supervising students, regularly publishing journal articles, serving on committees, attending conferences, writing proposals for grants, delivering presentations and handling other administrative duties.
Maintaining a balance between teaching and research responsibilities is very important to become a successful Professor. Professor should be able to conduct independent research, accurately allocate resources, and provide subject related and management advice to the faculty.
- Conducting research, fieldwork, and investigations, and writing up reports.
- Developing curricula and delivering course material.
- Publishing research, attending conferences, delivering presentations, and networking with others in the field.
- Travelling to other universities or academic settings to participate in learning opportunities and gain experience.
- Participating in committee, departmental, and faculty meetings.
- Providing training and mentoring to teaching assistants and junior lecturers.
- Reviewing methods and teaching materials and making recommendations for improvement.
- Assisting with students recruitment, interviews, and academic counseling sessions.
- Delivering large group lectures to between 20 to 100 plus students, delivering small group teachings to between 1 and 20 students
- pastoral care of students.
- One to one advice on particular pieces of work
- Course design
- Planning of lecture or seminar
- Marking assessed work
- Keeping student records of achievement
- Presenting research at conferences
- some administration tasks
SALARY AND CONDITIONS: Starting salary usually $xxxxx. This is often based on individual merit and is achieved by negotiation with the employer .
Permanent staff can opt into a final salary pension scheme (Teacher's pension scheme).
Most Research Professors will have a PhD. They will have a very good bachelor's degree; **any other qualification details which are mandatorily required for particular professor's job**