Besides bringing advantages to computer users, the Windows operating system sometimes exposes its drawbacks too. One of the problems we want to mention today is Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (code 43). This is not a common issue though. In today’s article, we will walk you through the solutions on how to solve this error in detail. Let’s scroll down to read!
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (code 43) error
When you receive a message saying Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (code 43), this means your Windows has lost the connection with the driver. On the other hand, the driver might have crashed itself without you knowing.
Nvidia also can be a reason for this issue as the newest Windows update does not match with Nvidia devices. In this situation, you can try troubleshooting either way:
– If you are using a desktop computer: Try to connect the driver with the front part of your PC again.
– If you are using a notebook: try all the available USB ports to connect the driver with the notebook desktop. Next, replace the USB cable and try the process again. The above methods should be simple solutions to the error code 43.
How To Fix Windows Has Stopped This Device Because It Has Reported Problems. (code 43)
After defining the gtx 970 windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (code 43), spend a bit of time on the following instructions. It will help you solve the issue with ease.
Disabling And Enabling Nvidia Graphics Card Driver
Check if the Lucid MVP software was the one that caused the error. If it is not, see if the graphics card driver is set up properly. To fix this error, follow the following steps:
– Click on the right side of the mouse on the Windows button before selecting Device Manager
– Enlarge the Display adapters and right click on the Nvidia graphics card device name. Choose Disable device
– One of the following steps will match your situation, you can try either of them:
- If you are using a laptop, hold onto the power button until it shuts down. Take the battery out.
- If you are a PC user, turn off the computer and unplug the cable of the power source. Then, open the lid of the CPU, check if the graphics card adapter is in its place properly.
– After the above steps, insert the power source or battery back and turn on your computer.
– Click right on the Start button before heading to Device Manager
– Enlarge Display adapters and press on the right side of the mouse on the Nvidia graphics card device name before choosing the Enable device.
Now, check your computer to see if the error still shows up.
Performing A Hard Power Cycle On Your Computer
Another method is implementing a hard power cycle on your computer with the below instructions:
– Shut down your desktop
– If you are using a computer, unplug the charger. If you are using a laptop, take out the battery.
– Hold onto the power button for around 1 minute.
– Plug in the charger, and put back the battery
Finally, run your computer as normal and check whether an error still pops up on your screen.
Uninstalling Nvidia Software From The Control Panel
Sometimes, the problem can be solved by uninstalling the Nvidia software from the control panel:
– Press the combination of Windows and R keyboards
– In the Run box, type Control Panel before clicking the Ok button
– Choose Uninstall a Program
– Uninstall the following programs in order: Nvidia Physx System, Nvidia Geforce Experience, and Nvidia Graphics Driver. If you are using Windows 10, it will automatically set up all of these programs again.
Now you can restart your PC and check whether the error has disappeared.
Uninstalling Lucid Virtu MVP Software
Here is another solution to the problem of windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (code 43). Lucid Virtu MVP is a software that provides the boost performance for a gaming desktop. It can be switchable between the onboard graphics card and the discrete one. This software might unmatch with Nvidia devices, and in this case, you will have to uninstall it.
– Head to Cortana and write Control Panel before choosing Enter
– Run the Uninstall a program under the Programs section
– In the list of applications, find Lucid MVP. Then, click on the right side of the mouse, and choose Uninstall
– Reboot your computer when the installation process gets done. Then check if the problem is solved.
Note that some software might cause this issue like Duet display, F.lux, and UPSilon. In case you are utilizing one of these programs, uninstall them.
Uninstalling Nvidia Driver
The Nvidia Driver can be one of the reasons for the issue. Therefore, uninstall this application can help to solve problems, there are steps for you to follow:
– Click on the right side of the mouse on the Start button
– Choose Device Manager
– Enlarge Display Adapters. And click on the right side of the mouse of the Nvidia graphics card name before choosing the Uninstall device.
Rebooting your computer and check whether the issue stills exists
Checking If Your Graphics Is Legit And Is Properly Inserted Nvidia graphics can’t be recognized by the fake ones. Therefore, you can use the application named GPU-Z to define the correct graphics card. After that, run this program on your desktop, it will help pinpoint the real software.
Checking Your PCI-E 6 Pin Cable
PCI-E 6 Pin cable connection can lead to Windows stopping this device because it has reported problems. If this is your situation, check the pin cable to see whether it is giving power to the Graphics card or not. This error can happen often, so taking a look at the PCI-E 6 battery can help you avoid this issue.
Running SFC and DISM commands
If all the above methods can’t assist you, you can try to run SFC and DISM commands. To do so, you will have to spend time on the following steps:
– On the Search box, write “cmd”, then click on the right side of the mouse on the application and run it as an administrator.
– Launch the following command: SFC /SCANNOW
– After the command gets implemented, run the upcoming code line:
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Now, check your computer to see if the error has gone away. If not, move to our next solution.
Installing Default Graphics Driver
This method will focus on fixing the Nvidia graphics card using the safe mode. With this method, the default driver will be set up back to your desktop after you restart your computer. Here are the steps:
– Start with booting your desktop in Safe mode. Then, head to the Start menu before clicking on the Power button. At the same time, press the Shift button, then the restart keyboard.
– A blue screen will open up on your desktop. Choose the Troubleshoot problem
– Choose the Advanced Options
– Move to Startup Settings
– On the newly opened screen are several options for you to choose to boot the computer in safe mode. Click F4 to enable only safe mode. At this stage, your computer also will restart after this turns on.
– After your computer gets booted safely in Safe mode, you will have to click on the right side of the mouse on the Start button to open Device Manager.
– Enlarge Display Adapters and right-click on the Nvidia graphics card name. After that, choose Uninstall device.
Finally, restart your computer and check if the issue gets solved. And as mentioned before, the default driver will automatically reinstall into your computer as soon as your desktop turns on again.
Updating NVIDIA Graphics Card Driver
If “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problem. (code 43)” still shows up after all of the above methods, try this. Updating the Nvidia Graphics card driver is our last suggestion for you today.
– Click on the right side of the mouse on the Start menu before choosing Device Manager
– Enlarge Display adapters and right-click on the name of the Nvidia graphics card before selecting Update Driver
– Choose Search automatically for updated driver software
After the updating process, restart your desktop to see whether the problem gets fixed.
The Bottom Line!
The error “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (code 43)” can happen at any time, with anyone. This issue not only requires computer users’ time but also basic knowledge of Information Technology. In case you are confronting this issue, pick one of our solutions above. It might help you solve the problem completely. If you still have additional concerns, don’t hesitate to leave us a message!