If you have enough knowledge about games, then you must have encountered leaderboards. In the competitions that we participate in, leaderboards show us our current rankings so that we can devise a strategy to become the top player in the games like MyFab11 and GetMega (if that is what you are aiming for). It is widely applied in different types of games to create a competitive environment for the players. Leaderboards offer a solution for both non-profit and commercial success.
What is a leaderboard?
A Leaderboard is an element of gamification. There are lots of different design elements that are used in games to increase the overall gameplay, player engagement, productivity, competitiveness and more. A leaderboard is one such gamification design element, and these leaderboards have been around for a long time.
To put it in a more simplified term, leaderboards are lists of the highest achieved scores of the players in a particular game. The high score leaderboards became popular for the first time when the game Pinball became famous. After the ranking mechanism became popular and successful, game developers started to implement this particular mechanism in their games. The purpose of a leaderboard is to show who has exhibited the best performance among all the participants in the game. Today whenever competitive games like GetMega and MyFab11 are released, programmers add leaderboards in their games to further enhance the overall gaming experience. Using leaderboards games can achieve an engagement boost.
How do leaderboards boost engagement?
Leaderboards show the overall scores of players in a game. Which, in its own way, is a social comparison between each player’s achievement. Being at the top of the leaderboard, online games offer exciting rewards; therefore, the competition between people becomes dense. The following points will help you realize how a game boosts its engagement through the implementation of leaderboards:
- Leaderboards are visual representations of competitions in any game.
- With the help of the leaderboard, players can understand their current position, which in turn helps them compete more easily.
- Leaderboards allow social comparison.
- Being at the top of the leaderboards encourages players more, and they are also awarded handsome rewards for remaining on the top.
- Top players from the gaming leaderboards can also achieve fame and recognition.
- Listed players can compete with each other by setting particular goals. For example, players of MyFab11 and GetMega will get to know how many times they will have to win to reach the top.
Successfully implementing a leaderboard
Attractive designing and perfect implementation of leaderboards are required to make your games attractive and engaging. The leaderboards are primarily cost-effective, but to make them worthwhile proper rewards and fame need to be awarded.
There are a total of four points that need to be remembered while creating and implementing a leaderboard:
- You need to measure the impact and affluence of the leaderboard before making it go live. Also, recapitulate the leaderboards wherever it is required.
- Applying the correct indicator is important, without a correct indicator, your leaderboard may backfire. It is also essential that the leaderboard and scoring align with the developer’s goals.
- While creating the leaderboard in your game, do not alienate the players who are not able to rank in the top list. Secluding the lower-level players from the leaderboards can be demotivating at times. If they are included in the leaderboard, they can set their goals correctly and aim for the top.
- Try dividing the leaderboards into different segments and keeping a different prize pool depending on the sub-divisions and rankings. You can also divide the leaderboards depending on the region, a particular time period, different departments. Periodically resetting the leaderboards gives a chance to the newer players to compete for the top position.
Leaderboards turn the games into being competitive and engaging
Leaderboards in different games
Different games like GetMega, MyFab11 adapt to different types of leaderboards based upon the type of the game. Some games may adapt to the task-based leaderboard, and some may prefer 24*7 leaderboards that refresh regularly.
GetMega is a gaming app that has a 24*7 leaderboard. GetMega offers three types of games: Casual, Card and Trivia. The games in these categories include Poker, Rummy, Carrom, etc. The leaderboard gets refreshed hourly, and every week it resets for one time. The top 10 players have the chance to win attractive rewards based on their rankings and achievements. In addition to mobile devices, gold coins, electronic gadgets, players can also win up to 100,000 rupees in cash.
MyFab11 also offers leaderboards but with some slight changes. The leaderboards in this game are event-oriented, which means the counting starts when an event begins, and with the end of the event, the top players in the leaderboard are recognized as the leader of the event.
Leaderboards are the proven and effective way to increase competitiveness among games like MyFab11, GetMega and they also increase the engagement of developers. Remember to think and implement leaderboards with precaution because sometimes it may only benefit the top players. This way, others will lose their interest, and the competitive environment will be lost.